Kristin B. Wright
I grew up in Grosse Pointe, Michigan and got my B.A. in history from Michigan State and my law degree from the University of Michigan. I practiced law for a brief stint at a big firm in Washington, D.C. and then moved to central Virginia, where I've been a federal judicial clerk, a small town general practice attorney handling everything from divorce to personal injury to criminal defense, and a local government attorney. I live way out in the country with my husband, my two sons, and my two beagles.
Other Things I Like
- Books: Pride and Prejudice, Outlander, The Hunger Games, Anne of Green Gables, Attachments, Fangirl, Looking for Alaska, Gone Girl, Big Little Lies, The Wife Between Us, The Lords of Discipline. And about a thousand more.
- Movies: When Harry Met Sally..., White Christmas, West Side Story, Bridget Jones's Diary, Pride and Prejudice (ALL the versions), Clueless, Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Election, 13 Going on 30, Legally Blonde, Dangerous Liaisons, The Greatest Showman.
- TV: Outlander, Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, The Mindy Project, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, The Office, Timeless, Big Little Lies, The Last Kingdom, The Handmaid's Tale, Parks and Recreation, Never Have I Ever, Criminal Minds
- Tea. Lots of tea. Well, really anything with caffeine. Also coffee. And Coke Zero.
- Clean laundry.
- Old houses and their gardens.
- Romance novels.
- Broadway musicals.
- Hoop skirts.
- Sugar cookies, Cheezits, dried mango, and red licorice. I would exist on this diet if I thought I could.
I’ve had a pretty strange collection of non-lawyer jobs (more material!). Before law school, in no particular order and all before I was 24 years old, I was an ice cream scooper, a telemarketer, a Civil War living history reenactor, a home alarm monitor, a cafeteria plate-scraper, a paralegal, a papergirl, a U.S. Senate intern, and a receptionist.