Kristin B. Wright
I grew up in Grosse Pointe, Michigan and got my B.A. in history from Michigan State and my law degree from the University of Michigan. I practiced law for a brief stint at a big firm in Washington, D.C. and then moved to central Virginia, where I've been a federal judicial clerk, a small town general practice attorney handling everything from divorce to personal injury to criminal defense, and a local government attorney. I live way out in the country with my husband, my two sons, and my two beagles.
Other Things I Like
- Books: Pride and Prejudice, Outlander, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Anne of Green Gables, I Don't Know How She Does It, Attachments, Fangirl, Looking for Alaska, Gone Girl, Big Little Lies, The Lords of Discipline. And about a thousand more.
- Movies: When Harry Met Sally..., White Christmas, West Side Story, Bridget Jones's Diary, Pride and Prejudice (ALL the versions), Clueless, Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Election, 13 Going on 30, Legally Blonde, Dangerous Liaisons, The Greatest Showman.
- TV: Outlander, Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, The Mindy Project, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, The Office, Timeless, Big Little Lies, The Last Kingdom, The Handmaid's Tale, Parks and Recreation, Never Have I Ever
- Tea. Lots of tea. Well, really anything with caffeine. Also coffee. And Coke Zero.
- Clean laundry.
- Old houses and their gardens.
- Romance novels.
- Broadway musicals. All of them, really, but right now it's still Hamilton, all the time. I am not throwing away my shot.
- Hoop skirts.
- Sugar cookies, Cheezits, dried mango, and red licorice. I would exist on this diet if I thought I could.
I’ve had a pretty strange collection of non-lawyer jobs (more material!). Before law school, in no particular order and all before I was 24 years old, I was an ice cream scooper, a telemarketer, a Civil War living history reenactor, a home alarm monitor, a cafeteria plate-scraper, a paralegal, a papergirl, a U.S. Senate intern, and a receptionist.