Things I Like:
- My family (husband, kids, two beagles, and right now, a calf named Bridget Jones).
- Books: Pride and Prejudice, Gone With the Wind, Outlander, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Anne of Green Gables, I Don't Know How She Does It, Attachments, Fangirl, Looking for Alaska, Gone Girl, The Lords of Discipline. And about a thousand more.
- Movies: Gone With the Wind, When Harry Met Sally..., White Christmas, West Side Story, Bridget Jones's Diary, Pride and Prejudice (ALL the versions), Clueless, Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral. 13 Going on 30, Legally Blonde, Dangerous Liaisons.
- TV: Outlander, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, The Mindy Project, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, The Office.
- Tea. Lots of tea. Well, really anything with caffeine. Also coffee. And Coke Zero.
- Clean laundry.
- Old houses and their gardens (most of these pictures were taken at or near Biltmore, in Asheville, NC).
- Broadway musicals. All of them, really, but right now it's all Hamilton, all the time. I am not throwing away my shot.
- Hoop skirts.
- Sugar cookies, Cheezits, dried mango, and red licorice. I would exist on this diet if I thought I could.
I’ve had a pretty strange collection of jobs (more material!). I’m a lawyer now. I’ve worked for huge big city law firms in three different cities, for a federal judge as his clerk, and for a tiny firm practicing every kind of law that came through the door. Before that, in no particular order and all before I was 24 years old, I was an ice cream scooper, a telemarketer, a Civil War living history reenactor, a home alarm monitor, a cafeteria plate-scraper, a paralegal, a papergirl, a U.S. Senate intern, and a receptionist.